- Fadil RIDA
- ICARDA - International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
- mots-clés significatifs: Water Resources Economics, Groundwater simulation modeling, Dry Areas, Groundwater use sustainability, Mediterranean, Cropping patterns, System dynamics
- une page Web: ICARDA
Long term Objective of the project is to contribute to a strategy for the exploitation of groundwater resource for supplemental irrigation that is:
* relies on local institutions
* is compatible with economic, social, cultural conditions and that:
* encourages and enables irrigators to use scarce groundwater resource sustainably.
Short term objective of the project:
- to diagnose from the view point of the farmers the coordination problem implied by overuse of groundwater resource for supplemental irrigation.
- to integrate farmers' and scientists knowledge of supplemental irrigation in an evolving dynamic systems model that reflect investment in wells by individual farmers and the joint but uncoordinated extraction of groundwater
- to use versions of evolving model to induce learning among change agents- researchers, extension agents, staff of regulatory agencies and policy makers concerned with the management of groundwater resource.